Summary Of The Different Types Of Prayers
We shall now summarize the most common different types of prayer which
a Muslim will get exposed to in his day to day life:
- The Obligatory Prayers (Al Faraidh). These are the Five Daily
Prayers as follows:
- The Fajr (Dawn) Prayer.
- The Dhuhr (Noon) Prayer.
- The A'sr (Afternoon) Prayer.
- The Maghrib (Sunset) Prayer.
- The Isha (Evening) Prayer.
- The necessary (Wajib) Friday congregational prayer.
- Other confirmed Traditional Prayers. Thus:
- The Prayers of the Two Feasts (the Idul Fitr and Idul
- The Prayer for seeking bounty of rain from Allah.
- The Prayer during the Eclipse of the Sun and Moon.
- The twelve (12) definite voluntary prayers performed before
and/or after the obligatory prayers.
- The Witr (Odd Number) Prayer.
- The Tarawih (Month of fasting supererogatory) prayers.
- The prayer for seeking Allah's guidance.
- The Funeral Prayer.