Listed below are some of the evil consequences of sinning.
- A barrier develops between Allah and the evildoer:
)Nay! Surely, they [evildoers] will be veiled from seeing their Lord that day) (Qur'an 83: 15)
- When a person perpetrates evil deeds on a continual basis, he will become despondent, losing hope of being saved.
- The evildoer often falls into a state of depression and anxiety:
(The building which they built will never cease to be a cause of hypocrisy and doubt in their hearts…) (Qur'an 9: 110)
- Fear permeates the heart of the evildoer:
(We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allah...) (Qur'an 3: 151)
- Life becomes wretched for the evildoer:
(...verily, for hint is a lure of hardship…..) (Qur'an 20: 124)
- The heart of the evildoer blackens and becomes hard:
(…and made their hearts grow hard.) (Qur'an 5: 13)
- An evildoer's face loses its light and becomes morbid:
(As for those whose faces will become black [to them will be said]: 'Did you reject Faiths….)
( Qur'an 3: 106)
- People feel contempt for an evildoer.
- The worldly circumstances of an evildoer become straitened:
(And if only they had acted according to the Torah, the Injeel [Gospel, and what has [now] been sent down to them from their Lord [the Qur'an], they would surely have gotten provision from above them and from underneath their feet.)
(Qur'an 5: 66)
- The wrath of Allah, a decrease in faith, and calamity --- all of these are the lot of the evildoer:
(So they have drawn on themselves wrath upon wrath.)
(Qur'an 2: 90)
(But on their hearts is the Raan' [covering of sins and evil deeds] which they used to earn.) (Qur'an 83: 14)
(And they say, 'Our hearts are wrapped [i.e. do not hear or understand Allah's Word].) (Qur'an 2: 88)