Translation Of The Meanings Of The Glorious Quran
- I swear by this city, Makkah –
- And you, [O Muúammad], are free of restriction in this city –
- And [by] the father and that which was born [of him],
- We have certainly created man into hardship.
- Does he think that never will anyone overcome him?
- He says, "I have spent wealth in abundance."
- Does he think that no one has seen him?
- Have We not made for him two eyes?
- And a tongue and two lips?
- And have shown him the two ways?
- But he has not broken through the difficult pass.
- And what can make you know what is [breaking through] the difficult pass?
- It is the freeing of a slave
- Or feeding on a day of severe hunger
- An orphan of near relationship
- Or a needy person in misery
- And then being among those who believed and advised one another to patience and advised one another to compassion.
- Those are the companions of the right.
- But they who disbelieved in Our signs – those are the companions of the left.
- Over them will be fire closed in.