Translation Of The Meanings Of The Glorious Quran
- Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is exalting Allāh, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
- It is He who has sent among the unlettered a Messenger from themselves reciting to them His verses and purifying them and teaching them the Book and wisdom – although they were before in clear error –
- And [to] others of them who have not yet joined them. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
- That is the bounty of Allāh, which He gives to whom He wills, and Allāh is the possessor of great bounty.
- The example of those who were entrusted with the Torah and then did not take it on is like that of a donkey who carries volumes [of books]. Wretched is the example of the people who deny the signs of Allāh. And Allāh does not guide the wrongdoing people.
- Say, "O you who are Jews, if you claim that you are allies of Allāh, excluding the [other] people, then wish for death, if you should be truthful."
- But they will not wish for it, ever, because of what their hands have put forth. And Allāh is Knowing of the wrongdoers.
- Say, "Indeed, the death from which you flee – indeed, it will meet you. Then you will be returned to the Knower of the unseen and the witnessed, and He will inform you about what you used to do."
- O you who have believed, when [the adhān] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu‘ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allāh and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew.
- And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allāh, and remember Allāh often that you may succeed.
- But when they saw a transaction or a diversion, [O Muúammad], they rushed to it and left you standing. Say, "What is with Allāh is better than diversion and than a transaction, and Allāh is the best of providers."