Translation Of The Meanings Of The Glorious Quran
- By the sun and its brightness
- And [by] the moon when it follows it
- And [by] the day when it displays it
- And [by] the night when it covers it
- And [by] the sky and He who constructed it
- And [by] the earth and He who spread it
- And [by] the soul and He who proportioned it
- And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness,
- He has succeeded who purifies it,
- And he has failed who instills it [with corruption].
- Thamūd denied [their prophet] by reason of their transgression,
- When the most wretched of them was sent forth.
- And the messenger of Allāh [êāliú] said to them, "[Do not harm] the she-camel of Allāh or [prevent her from] her drink."
- But they denied him and hamstrung her. So their Lord brought down upon them destruction for their sin and made it equal [upon all of them].
- And He does not fear the consequence thereof.