CHAPTER No: 1
At- Tauhid (The Oneness of Allah)
Allah the Almighty said:
"And I (Allah) created not the Jinns and men except they should worship Me (Alone)."
And He stated:
"And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): 'Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities etc. i.e. do not worship Taghut besides Allah).' "
And He said:
“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: 'My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small.' "
And He said:
"Worship Allah and join none with Him in worship."
And He said:
"Say (O Muhammad May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him ): Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty -We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to shameful sins (illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islamic law), This He has commanded you that you may understand. And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he (or she) attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice. We burden not any person, but that which he can bear. And whenever you give your word (i.e. judge between men or give evidence, etc.), say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfill the Covenant of Allah. This He commands you, that you may' remember. And verily, this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious)."
Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
Whoever wishes to ascertain the very will of Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) on which the Prophet has put his seal, let him read the Statement of Allah:
"Say (O Muhammad (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) ): Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him... (up to) ...And verily, this is My Straight Path."
It is narrated that Mu'adh bin Jabal (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
I was riding behind the Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) on a donkey and he said to me "O Mu'adh, do you know what is the right of Allah on his slaves and what is the right of the slaves upon Allah?" I responded: "Allah and His Messenger know best." He continued, "The Right of Allah upon His slaves is to worship Him Alone and never to associate anything with him. The right of slaves upon Him is not to punish any person who does not associate anything with Him." I said: "O Allah's Messenger, may I not give the glad tidings to the people?" He replied: "No. Do not inform them lest they rely on (this promise and lapse in their service to Him).” [The above Hadith is mentioned in two Sahih Books (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)].
Important issues of the Chapter
1) Wisdom of Allah in creating jinn and mankind.
2) Worship is Tauhid, as, in this issue there had always been dispute (between the Prophets and the polytheists).
3) Those who have not fulfilled the requirements of Tauhid are such as they have not worshipped Allah, and in this sense is the meaning of the verse:
"Nor will you worship that which I worship"
4) The wisdom in sending the Messengers.
5) The message of the Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) (Tauhid) applies to all nations.
6) All Prophets have brought one and the same religion.
7) The major issue is that the worship of Allah cannot be performed until Taghut is denounced and rejected. In this meaning is the saying of Allah:
"Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold."
8) At-Taghut is inclusive of all that is worshipped other than Allah.
9) The tremendous importance of the three entirely clear verses of Surah Al-An'am (6:151-153) among the early pious predecessors. In these verses are 10 issues, the first of which is the prohibition of Shirk.
10) The clear verses in Surah Al-Isra (17:22-39) have 18 substantial issues. Allah begins them with:
"Set not up with Allah any other ilah (god), (O man) or you will sit down reproved, forsaken (in the Hell-fire)".
And ended with:
"And set not up with Allah any other ilah (god) lest you should be thrown into Hell, blameworthy and rejected."
Allah informed us the importance of these issues by saying:
"This is (part) of Al-Hikmah (wisdom, good manners and high character, etc.) which your lord has inspired to you."
11) The verse of Surah An-Nisaa (4:36) called "The verse of the ten rights" to which Allah the Most High begins by saying:
"And worship Allah, and join none with Him in worship."
12) We must note the admonition of Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) which he made before his death.
13) To recognize Allah's right upon us.
14) To recognize the rights of slaves on Allah, if they fulfill His right.
15) This issue was unknown to most of the Companions of Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)
16) Permissibility to hide some knowledge for the common good (as determined by the Shari'ah).
17) It is desirable to pass the pleasing news to other Muslims.
18) Fear of depending (of the people) upon the expansiveness of Allah's mercy.
19) The statement of one, who is asked on matters that are not known to him: "Allah and His Messenger know the best".
20) It is correct to impart knowledge selectively to someone and not to others.
21) The humility of Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) on riding a donkey with a companion behind.
22) It is legitimate to have a second rider behind.
23) Superiority of Mu'adh bin Jabal (May Allah be pleased with him) The great importance of this issue (of Tauhid).
 Mu'adh (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated this Hadith avoiding the sin of concealment. [Translator]