CHAPTER No: 32
(Fear of Allah Alone)
Allah the Most Exalted said:
"It is only Satan that suggests to you the fear of his 'AuIiya [supporters and friends (polytheists, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah and in His Messenger Muhammad (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) so fear them not, but fear me, if you are (true) believers."
Allah the Almighty stated:
"The Mosques of Allah shall be maintained only by those who believe in Allah and the Last Day; offer prayers perfectly (Iqamat-as-SaIat), and give Zakat and fear none but Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance."
Allah (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
"Of mankind are some who say: 'We believe in Allah', but if they are made to suffer for the sake of Allah, they consider the trial of mankind as Allah's punishment."
Abu Sa'id (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated the following Marfu' Hadith:
"It is the weakness of certainty (complete Faith) to seek pleasure of others by displeasing Allah and to praise others for the livelihood which was provided by Allah and to blame others for the thing not bestowed by Allah. Not even the greediness of the most greedy person can bring the livelihood of Allah, and not even anybody's aversion can prevent it."
[Reported by Abu Nu'aim in Al-Hilyah].
`Ai shah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that Allah's Messenger (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said:
"Whoever seeks Allah's pleasure at the cost of men's displeasure, will win the pleasure of Allah and Allah will cause men to be pleased with him. Whoever seeks to please men at the cost of Allah's displeasure, will win the displeasure of Allah, and Allah will cause men to be displeased with Him."
[Reported by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih].
Important issues of the Chapter
1) Explanation of the verse in Al-'Imran (3:175).
2) Explanation of the verse in At-Bara’ ah (At- Taubah) (9:.18).
3) Explanation of the verse in Al-'Ankabut (29: 10).
4) There is a fluctuation in the Faith, it gets weak and strengthens,
5) The signposts of a decline in the strength of Iman. Three of them are mentioned.
6) Devoting fear to Allah only is a duty (in Islam).
7) The reward of a person who fears Allah Alone with utmost sincerity.
8) The punishment of a person who does not have fear of Allah.