|PHASES ANS STAGES OF THE CALL:The Muhammadan Call could be divided into two phases distinctively demarcated:
Each of the two phases included distinctive features easily discernible through accurate scrutiny into the circumstances that characterized each of them.
The Makkan phase can be divided into three stages:
- The Makkan phase: nearly thirteen years.
- The Madinese phase: fully ten years.
The Madinese phase will be considered later in its due course.
- The stage of the secret Call: three years.
- The stage of the proclamation of the Call in Makkah: from the beginning of the fourth year of Prophethood to almost the end of the tenth year.
- The stage of the call to Islam and propagating it beyond Makkah: it lasted from the end of tenth year of the Prophethood until Muhammad’s (Peace be upon him) emigration to Madinah.